You may request an initial review of this parking citation by calling (800) 989-2058 to request a review. Alternatively, you may submit a written statement and any supporting documentation or photographs in person to the City of Laguna Hills Police Services located at 24035 El Toro Road, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, by mail to the City of Laguna Hills, C/O Citation Processing Center, PO Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479, or at https://www.ci.laguna-hills.ca.us/faq.aspx?TID=26. All requests for an initial review must be made within 21 calendar days from the issuance of the notice of parking violation, or within 14 calendar days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent parking violation. There is no charge for the initial review. Any materials you submit will not be returned. Results of the initial review will be mailed to you, and if following the initial review cancellation of the notice does not occur a reason for that denial will be included along with notification of the ability to request an administrative hearing.
INDIGENCY PAYMENT PLAN REQUEST
If you are indigent and unable to pay the parking violation penalty at the time the citation is issued or unable to pay the parking violation penalty following an administrative hearing, you may provide documentation to determine indigency and request a payment plan. To do so, you must submit a Request for Payment Plan for an indigency determination 60 calendar days from the issuance of a notice of parking violation, or 10 days after the administrative hearing determination, whichever is later. The Request for Payment Plan must include copies of the required documents listed below that demonstrate your inability to pay.
For purposes of this Policy, a person is “indigent” if any of the following conditions is met:
- The person meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code: A person whose monthly income is 125 percent or less of the current poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Health and Human Services under the authority of paragraph (2) of Section 9902 of Title 42 of the United States Code.
- The person receives public benefits from any of the programs listed in subdivision (a) of Section 68632 of the Government Code:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and State Supplementary Payment (SSP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act (CalWORKs) or a federal Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF) grant program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or the California Food Assistance Program
- County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants (CAPI)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Alternatively, you may demonstrate that you are indigent by providing either of the following information, as applicable:
- Proof of income from a pay stub or another form of proof of earnings, such as a bank statement, that shows you meet the income criteria set forth above, subject to review and approval. Approval will not unreasonably withheld.
- Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described above, including, but not limited to, an electronic benefits transfer card or another card, subject to review and approval. Approval will not unreasonably withheld.